Clan DLH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clan DLH

Clan Dota Legendary Heroes

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calistarius
Killing Spree

New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Empty
PostSubject: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:15 am

hey guys, maybe we can start up a Dota Strategy part of the forum where we can discuss different characters, new builds etc. I'm sure there are some great non cookie cutter builds/team strategies that would be great for sharing Smile

I'll go first. I would like to discuss armlet. Who's been using it in core builds besides Huskar, and with whom? I have been testing it out, with O.K. results.
I would also like to know WHEN you start to build it, and with what other item combos.

I've used armlet twice with slardar, and am not sure how I feel yet (ive been mixing it with MoM.. but I feel my guy was to squishy since Slardar is often Focus Fired)
Back to top Go down
Arex
Admin
Arex

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Well, Kurt... your idea is good - if 3 more people agree with this suggestion we can make new section. Anyways - armlet of mordigan is my favorite item because noone knows how it actually works and i win in 90% of the games i have armlet. Ofcource it is not goot for everyone. I make it on NAIX (the best thing) , Huskar ofcource, and on Leoric combined with his lifesteal aura. Basically my tactic is to get lifesteal or great hp regen to compensate the loss of hp from armlet when activated. This item is alot alot alot cheap in comparison with other equal items so i love it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Calistarius
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 am

I forgot about n'iax. Ive heard that SK is a great choice already, and have yet to try it with him. I've actually had a great game as Void with Armlet, because he really is hurting when it comes to HP (especially when facing nukers... it means his teleport in and MoM rape, wont get him instantly killed from focus fire). I've read online that Unholy strength actually adds 25 str upon activation, along with the normal damage, making it a +65dmg for a str character! ALSO there is a way to heal 450 damage with it, when you are near death (Basically you turn it off.. and have like 5 hp.. then you turn it on again.. and you GAIN 450 hp..it has a 10 second cooldown too, which starts its count AS its activated, so you can potentially keep refilling your HP up to 450 hp every 10 seconds or so.. perfect against early game nukers)
Back to top Go down
Vaeocyn

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:24 pm

meh...very situational item. tbh im not sure i would ever get it. maybe on huskar...other than that i dont see myself getting it.
Back to top Go down
gaylikeunicorn
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Hood is situational. Linkens is situational. Armlet is core for many heroes.

Skeleton King, Huskar, N'aix, Dragon Knight, Alchemist, Lycan, and most other STR heroes if you plan to do some carrying with it. Even AGI heroes can use it, as Void was mentioned, and PA is also a decent choice for it.

It's good because its largest component is only 950 gold and can be bought in side shops, as well as being able to be activated for monster DPS/tanking ability.

It's also fun (but not really viable) to use it on Witch Doctor, as his regeneration cancels out the negative regen.
Back to top Go down
Calistarius
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:35 pm

haha WD is a funny idea :-P Oh and if Alchemist has heart + lvl2 ult, his hp regen cancels the armlet degen. I've been hearing alot of people get MoM + Armlet on the STR heroes.. but I don't know if I completely agree. All that extra hp goes down the drain so fast with that damage increase from an MoM activation at the same time. Some people say it just cancels it out, but I disagree. If your a carry.. your going to most likely get focus fired a bit.. and MoM is just going to be trouble. I DO see MoM+ armlet working on heroes such as tree, and SK because they have ways to survive if times get tough, AND they can take more advantage of a root or a storm bolt with + AS/MS and +65 dmg while taking minimal losses from the damage increase from MoM (since target is disabled).

If people only knew what Armlet can do for your midgame, it would be purchased all the time!

So guys, are you interested in a Strategy part of the forum? I'd post there often Smile
Back to top Go down
Calistarius
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Cmon guys, we need activity. A strategy part of the forum will let us discuss dota stuff... maybe more people will come visit with a way to discuss strat with friends. I mean all i mentioned was armlet and we got 3 posts out of it Smile

One more person say they want a strat section, and I promise to start topics that will be of interest in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gaylikeunicorn
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Kunkka is rapeface, Windrunner sucks.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Calistarius
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:49 am

I'd like to hear more... because I have yet to try them Smile
Back to top Go down
gaylikeunicorn
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm

X Marks the Spot is a guaranteed Meathook, Vacuum, Polarity, etc positioning skill that is easy to time. His other three skills add a massive amount of AoE to the battlefield.

Other than Windrunner's stun, she's not very spectacular. She does have a huge amount of STR for an INT hero though, but I would play her more as a ganker/supporter than a carry any day.
Back to top Go down
Arex
Admin
Arex

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:52 am

Admiral Proudmoore is the man ... a wonderful hero with decent skills. His most powerful skill is the boat of justice but i don't know how to use it yet... It says that there is some pirates and stuff in the ship....... but im not very good in English so i dont get it Mad
Back to top Go down
Calistarius
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:03 am

I'll figure out when I get a chance to play again, what that pirate ship does. In any event, A-r-e-x what do you say about having a strategy section? Gay, you and I are at least interested Smile

-Kurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D   New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Section of forums! Lets discuss dota strategy :D
Page 1 of 1